In order to apply for admission, each applicant must fill up the application form and must pass the evaluation procedure for admission. The requisites for application are as follows:
- Plus 2 / Intermediate pass or equivalent with Percent/Grade as mentioned in Entry Requirements above
- Photocopies of Marksheet/transcript – SLC/SEE/Intermediate – 2 copies
- Photocopies of Character Certificate – SLC/SEE/Intermediate – 2 copies
- Photocopies of Citizenship – 2 copies
- PP size photo – 2 copies
Selection will be made based on a Written Test, Short Interview and Student’s Previous Academic Records. However, the selection for BPH program is conducted by Medical Education Council.
The admission is generally opened during August in LA GRANDEE International College, Pokhara. You can directly come to the college for the admission procedures and should submit on/before the due date. Two hours written test will be set for assessing the students’ aptitude in English Language and in their respective major subjects. Students’ performance in the written test- plus the percentage or grades in their higher secondary level qualification are considered to confirm their admission. The college also conducts a short interview of the students and parents/guardians with the admission committee before admission. Applicants who fulfill all the criteria are eligible for registration in LA GRANDEE. They will receive admission confirmation and find their names placed at the Notice Board or our website: www.lagrandee.edu.np.
LA GRANDEE offers Full/Partial Scholarships and Awards for needy and deserving candidates on some categories.
- Need and Merit Based Scholarship for some students having excellent academic performance in +2 or Intermediate Level.
- Janak Tara Scholarship for the Semester Toppers (100% in tuition fee) in BBA, BCA, and BPH.
- Pokhara University Scholarship – BBA (10), BCA (5) and BPH (4)
- Hirasawa Pulic Health Award (1) – for needy student with sound academic performance in BPH
- LA GRANDEE Dean’s List Award
- LA GRANDEE Excellence Award – for students with extra-ordinary performance in academic and/or co-curricular activities.
Once a student is admitted, as per university policy, a student’s academic performance in a subject matter is evaluated in two phases.
- Internal assessments conducted by the concerned faculty member through quizzes, tutorials, lab works, home assignments, project works, class tests, class participation, term exams etc.
- Board Examinations conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examination of Pokhara University through Semester-end examinations.
A fifty percent weight is given to internal assessment and the remaining fifty percent is to external evaluation (Semester-end examination). A student is required to pass the internal and external evaluation independently. The final grade awarded to a student in a course is based on his/her consolidated performance in both internal and external evaluations.